Monday, April 27, 2009

Mandan Community Garden

We had a great turnout at the Mandan Community Garden meeting tonight. It was kinda exciting to see the renewed interest in gardening in Mandan. We platted the spot at Dacotah Centennial Park and I can already imagine the plants growing. My little tomatoes are doing well. Yesterday I planted some more basil and some peppers. The basil popped up overnight. Wow, I brought a "greenhouse" with little plant pellets that grew with a bit of water. Then I put them in the oven with the light on. It's hot in there. The seedlings are going to love it there. I'm so excited to plant some things in the ground, so very excited. Gotta go now, just got home and there are things to do... 

1 comment:

  1. tell me about this - i have one of those too... little pellets that you plant the seeds in, my basil is coming up and some rosemary, but not all of it, you put them in the oven????

    ReplyDelete