Sunday, March 1, 2009

Low Country Boil... in the high plains


Good Morning. There's a rumor going around that we are to receive the gift of more snow this March. It appears that we are in like a Lion... and hopefully out like a lamb. It is minus 16 this morning.

I have been working on my first video clip showing how I made eclairs yesterday. I was interruped and missed a part of the process, but the whole thing was an experiment.

Which brings me to the dinner party we attended at the Swanson's. Low Country Boil. Was it coincidence that I attended a Low Country Boil cooking class in Savannah, Ga.? Well, Karen and Tom's boil was better. Perhaps it was because of the company we kept.

The ingredients are simple:

Boiling water with Old Bay Seasoning to taste.

Potatoes, Onions, Cobs of Corn, Sausage and added just before serving, some very large shrimp.

Traditionally, the boil is drained and dumped on newsprint. Here is a photo of the boil we sampled in Georgia to give you an idea of how much fun this could be.

Karen has a perfectly time recipe and the best part was the small red potatoes. They soaked up the flaver, held a perfect texture and well, the melted butter didn't hurt.
Eat well...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sue thank you for the recipes this one sounds really good. I hope to try it in the near future. Sounds kinda healthy too. Joanie

    ReplyDelete