Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Presidents' Day




Yes, this is the first time in my life I have been paid for this holiday, and as many things as I have to do, I am baking bread, cookies and making stuffed peppers for supper... yay.


Here are some bread photos.
The dough when it was first mixed and ready for its first and only rising... the second photo is of the individual loaves. They are ready to bake. The bread has sunflower butter and white whole wheat flour... and a secret ingredient. Let's see how it will taste...
Ummmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. What about white whole wheat flour? What's the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. White wheat is a new product we are promoting to farmers. it is a whole wheat flour, but it doesn't have the dark color of what we normally see as whole wheat... all the goodness in a semi white flour. Of course, I think when you bake it the wheat color comes out. You can find it at Dakota Family Mill online. If you want to order bulk flour, I found a spot for that too.

    ReplyDelete