Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunshine on my shoulders


It was forty-some degrees yesterday... I have been redeemed.

It was too nice to stay indoors, so we strapped on the snowshoes and headed for the river. The snow was heavy, absorbing the top layer that had been melting since mid-morning. The drifts had become so heavy, they were beginning to break off. The sun was so very warm that we dropped our jackets and were outside rolling the snow with shirts only.

It was as if time had finally stopped. All of the work and winter that had snowballed into what seemed like never ending days and nights had been washed away by warm and the promise of spring. It's here, it's finally here.

The small stream that runs by our house had a green tinge, contrasting the brilliant reflection off the snow banks. JC took photos, I will get some of those up as soon as he shares. In the meantime, I slept unburdened last night as if the giant weight of life had been lifted and my spirit was set free. Praise God that we can always count on him bring the sun each day and the moon to govern the night.


On Friday morning, I spotted a pheasant and a rabbit eating corn together in the driveway. As I crept around the corner with my camera in an attempt to capture them together, the pheasant was spooked and when he flew, the rabbit jumped. I caught the rabbit in mid air. But, the pheasant got away....

We are going to Huff Hills today, and skipping church. It's wonderful to enjoy creation keeping in mind the creator laughs with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment