Friday, March 13, 2009

A beautiful day

It was a beautiful day north of Mandan. I needed a day off and picked the perfect one. I baked banana muffins, apple muffins and cranberry, ginger, walnut bread. I went to town and did a little shopping. I took a snowshoe and found three birds nests for my collection, although I don't recall what happened to my collection of bird's nests....
The weather has turned to spring, the moon reached its peak and will begin waning, so the change is weather should be here to stay. It is almost time to start my seedlings. We lost some snow today. I spread corn for the animals. It paid off in spades.
This evening, we spent an hour watching the pheasants, there must have been 50 or more in the front yard, back yard, and back yard... don't ask.
As the sun begins to set, they come out and feed. When the sun disappears, they wander off, kicking up snow with their toes as they cross the banks and banks of snow in our yard. And, by the way, I tried walking to the river in my boots, made it across one hard bank, sunk in the next. Snowshoes are the way to go, at least as long as we have snow. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment