Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring

If you haven't noticed, may I point out that at 6 a.m., the sky shows signs of civil twilight. That means the days are getting longer. This weekend, we spring ahead, boo hoo. Just when I was getting used to waking up at 6 again, we will now be getting up at 5 a.m.
On my way to Bible Study last night, I saw the most amazing thing. Across the hill to the west of Highway 1806 a caravan of deer were making their way from the top of the hill after a long day of playing around to the trees around our house, and the neighbors, for a good night's sleep. Or, maybe they were heading to our house to forage for food. We have been spreading a bit of corn around for the pheasants. There's no one around to tell the deer that they are not to be eating the bird's food, they do as they please. There must have been a trail of 20. I stopped the car, turned around, turned around again and back tracked - without my camera. Their silhouettes were beautiful against the pink sky at sunset.
Spring is come and with it comes hope for summer and melting snow creating puddles of water.
Make a splash today.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell this is going to regular reading for me! Thanks, Sue.

    ReplyDelete