Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another blizzard???

Well, here I am in Ames, Iowa. Not a bad place. Nice college community. But... I hear there is supposed to be a blizzard on Monday. I'm supposed to be flying home on Tuesday. Then we are going to Big Sky on Thursday. Wow. What a week. And, I'm missing my birthday. My darling daughter Claire has offered to bake me a cake to take to work... actually cupcakes. That was so nice of her. I have not had any time to do any cooking or baking and believe that I spent more weekends out of town and working than I did at home the past two months. My doll project is not complete, yet the deadline looms ever closer... ah heck. I'm going to knit. My hotel room is awesome, my rental car is awesome... the conference proves to awesome... so be it....

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sue - you are really missing a great blizzard up here today!!!! Sam and I went driving yesterday and just sat and listened to the silence - it was pretty darn amazing... If I can ever get pictures off his camera, I'll post them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Hope you got some yummy cupcakes. How thoughtful of your daughter!

    ReplyDelete