Friday, February 20, 2009

Saving children's stuff


My art project is all about children. So, I dug into some boxes in my basement, ok - semi basement. In the years and years of saved cards and letters are some packages of thank you notes from children. In my former life as a weaver, I visited my own children's classrooms and spoke about my weaving. Sometimes, they walked over to my house in Mandan and toured the studio in my real basement.

Among the packs of notes was a pile of happy birthday cards. They are so cute with handwritten notes, misspelled words and of course, crayon colored pictures.

While I had saved really special things over the years for each of my children, I'm thinking about using these notes and letters on penmanship paper for the basis of my child. It is titled Sunday's Child.

I will explain more about that one later.

I also came across this piece of artwork done by my daughter...

thought I'd share on this snowy, Friday morning. It's beautiful outside, but we didn't really need another Alberta Clipper slipping through here. After all it is almost the end of February.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I think Oh, Claire's would be a wonderful spinoff of an eclair pastry for say, "a downtown bakery somewhere...."

    ReplyDelete