Monday, October 14, 2013

Newbie

No, I'm not new to Bible studies. I remember my first Bible study at a church in Fargo, ND. I must have been the youngest person there at that time. Over the years I have moved in and out of participating in my church where I have been a member for more than 25 years. I now work two jobs and have a few other commitments that really eat up my time each week. I signed up for a Bible study on heaven and then decided I couldn't make the 30-minute drive to and from the church to participate, but I feel the need, an enormous desire to find out what God has planned for me at this time in my life.

I took a new job recently... a big job and it frightens me. I feel like failure would be disastrous and yet there are folks out there that have complete faith in my abilities. Why don't I? Perhaps spending more time in God's word and with other Christan women will lead me to the answers I seek. You know fill that God-shaped hole in my heart.

So, I am going to try this online Bible study, I put all my other devotionals away and will concentrate only on this ... I am an early riser and find that the time spent in morning devotions sets my whole day on a proper path. So here I go... it's time for my CONFIDENT journey to begin. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are joining us! One of my favorite parts of OBS- being able to do it anywhere, anytime.. even in your pjs! Praying God will richly bless you as you dig into His word.
    Lauren, P31 OBS Blog Hop team

    ReplyDelete