Thursday, October 17, 2013

I Believe

No, wait... I don't always believe...

It may seem like a simple thing to have confidence - but things change. As I grow older, I am struggling struggling struggling with confidence. Some of my relationships are not very confident building and so daily I struggle through getting up and going to my job and finding time to be everything to everybody. I admire all the young women around me who have so much opportunity and I think to myself, "my time has passed, you had your chance, and you didn't always do the right thing." I feel like growing old has become a confidence-sapping experience.

Some days it works. Some days I can claim God's promise to me and I tell myself, "You are okay. You have talents and you have faults. You have done good things and you have done bad things, but you can be forgiven."

God forgives as far as the east is from the west and when I hold on to that thought and start fresh every day I can claim the confidence of being God's child.

Sometimes that confidence lasts all days and then there are the other days. Days when I need to reach out and find something to hold onto. You know it never fails. If I open my Bible (which today is on my Kindle) I can find something wonderful to apply to my own life.

My friend, Lola, told me once (of course I asked her why I have my ups and downs) that one of the reasons we need to go to the well is to fill up daily (sometimes hourly) because we leak.

So here's to being a leaky human vessel desiring God's promise through Jesus Christ. Fill me up Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Sue, Thank you so much for sharing. I never would have thought that I would want to be a leaky vessel. Now I do :). Praise God we can go back to the well as many times as we need to be refilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how right your friend is! We must draw from the well each day and fill ourselves with Living Water. We must go to the cross each day and lay down our sins. But in return we get to feel the awesome #perfectlove of Christ!! Thank you so much for sharing and know that I too am a "leaky vessel" and have to fill each day! Cindy M.-OBS Small Group Leader~

    ReplyDelete