Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hope

In the old days when we had more time to play and less upkeep on our home, we used to play a Jay Leno or some late night talk show host game called "will it float?"
We would drop something in the river and take a guess as to whether or not it would float. And, no we weren't dropping in toxic chemicals or things that would float around forever like plastic bottles... although some folks do things like that and it's not very nice.
These days there are more than cans and bottles floating in the river, entire trees are going by the area, dead and alive. But as we were packing up the house, I decided to take a brown bottle, write a note and stick a cork in it. I put my phone number on the note as well as my email address and now I'm waiting for someone to find it. Will they? I do not know. Of course by posting this note, I may be in danger of being arrested by the corp for trashing the river, but oh well, the river trashed my house so I'd call it even.
I also added a rubber ducky to the river with a message on its bottom. Who knows what the current did to that. These days I'm just hoping and praying that my house doesn't make the news floating by Bismarck.
Today I feel rested, the sun is shining and I feel like I could do something. We are going to pursue the idea of finding a house to buy in the interim. It may or may not work, we really don't have the means to buy a second property, but we have to do something, so we are going to try. I'm getting spoiled having Mary and Ken take care of us. We are so very appreciative of the fact we have a place to rest and eat and have coffee... and we are in good health. I had some not so good news from a cousin of mine. It grieves me deeply to feel sorry for myself when I'm not losing a family member at a young age to cancer. It's a new day and I'm going for it -- Tomorrow is Pentecost Sunday and my friend Pat said they are using the altar cloth I made Pastor Bob some years ago when I was actively weaving.
It is red and gold and yellow and orange and has a white dove in the middle of it. I also made him a robe to wear - tie dyed or dip dyed or stained as many people have copied my dying technique in the past five or so years... As good hearted as he was, PB actually wore that robe in public once. Then he said, "It made me feel so hot, I just don't think I can wear it anymore." LOL. I love that guy. So here's my two thoughts of the day. Celebrate the Holy Spirit who intercedes for us in prayers when we don't know what to pray for. I'm sure that's a common theme these days of flooded homes and broken dreams. And, remember (Getting back to the original theme of this post) SOAP FLOATS.

No comments:

Post a Comment