Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Mountain


Here I am in front of Lone Peak... My legs are sooo tired, but we have one last day to ski and then home we go.
My Uncle Ed emailed me today. He told me about his 38 tomato plants he was transplanting... and the other 30 tomato plants that were just now popping up.
We talked about our garden spot on the way to Big Sky. It largely depends on how soon the snow goes away. I'm still trying to talk my husband into getting a couple of chickens. It would be cool to have eggs. We do have varmints though, and that could be a problem.
Anyway, there's green grass beneath the snow here at Big Sky. The warm sun has been working on the piles of snow, reducing them to much needed moisture. It is the smell of wet earth, warming earth, fertile soil ready to cradle the seeds of life.
Oh, I love spring. It would be a shame to live where there were no seasons. How could you appreciate the different types of weather if they weren't constantly changing.
Something to look forward to, the seasons. And, I had some thoughts on that. Will share them when I get back on some sort of schedule again... lol.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys are having a good time on the mountain and have such great snow. Have a safe trip home.

    Little Ryan is so cute and I am enjoying the bonding with him. Morgan so loves her little brother.

    See you soon. May you have a very Happy and Blessed Easter. I will be in the air most of the day. Love Joanie

    ReplyDelete